View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 06:34 AM   #267
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Yes it was a disappointment, in fact, there is no way it'll be explosive next year, you just can't, not in eight episodes.

When all is said and done, I have a feeling, that no one will get whacked.

But I did like that each character progressed...you see Tony with glee at Phil's heart attack, but then realizing there are worse things that could happen. I think when he talked to Phil; it was a heartfelt as one could be.

Chris is a wreck, but really I don't see anything happening with it. If anything, he may be the most vulnerable, I could see his wife whacking him. He's disillusioned with the mob but he's not being honest to himself why...if I recall, the whole reason he sold out Adrianna was seeing the family in the car...and deciding a family wasn't for him, he's now balking with the reality of it. Adrianna is a ghost he won't be able to get rid of.

A.J. has grown, sex is a potent thing. Again, Tony and Carmella have to be careful what they wish for. "At least she's Catholic" BWAH. Still, he's gone from slacker to hard working joe, which amazingly, is what Tony always wanted to be. You see he doesn't get any slack at the yard like the made men, he's working hard...Paulie barely notices him.

Tony wised up to Carmella, I loved how he got Silvio to get the spec house back into play.

The truth is, Jersey could never beat NYC. To have a mob war would basically end probably 3/4 of the characters.

It's a shame we didn't get another glimpse of the "Sack". But it was nice to see Uncle Junior, even it's a sad one.

The end though, where they're all at the fire, strikes me of the decadence of Roman Times, the emperor and his family, oblivious to their falling stature. Bobby Bacala's son munching away was so audible over the music.

I kept waiting for something, but I think it's all going to be quite sluggish.

And I hope there isn't a movie tie-in, I think it would suck.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote