View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 12:47 PM   #526
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: Blockbuster trade!
Elas, we weren't involved in it.

The 1.1 has been traded. Terrance Levingston will go to the Toronto Lake Monsters. The latter held the 1.9 and 1.10 picks and traded not just that but basically everything noteworth in terms of picks in this and the 2100 and 2101 drafts for the 1.1 pick straight up.

Where were we? Well, I did talk with the Snapfinger Jazz management and we had a serious back and forth about bridging the gap between 1.1 and 1.3. Fair to say, they asked a lot, not as much as Toronto gave up, but a lot still. And after seeing their request, I paused for about 10 minutes and had a "no more mulling, let's do this" moment. Elas, it wasn't to be. The one team that I felt would be the best candidate to outbid us did.

Which brings up back to the 1.3 slot and probably soon to be on the non-ticking clock, because it feels very obvious which player will go at the 1.2 slot, regardless of the team. Nope, I'm not opting to move up that one slot, we'll wait and see what's left.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote