View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 03:11 PM   #536
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: I love it when I plan comes together
But what to call it when the plan doesn't come together?

We're 6 games into the 2099 season and, frankly, I'm immensely disappointed about my team's performance. We've played 4 home games and are already a win behind the curve, sitting at a far from impressive 3-3 record. The defense has been tremendous, keeping teams from scoring and all (#2 in points allowed, #6 in total yards allowed), but our offense has been downright disappointing. We're #32 in points scored, #31 in total yards on offense. It's quite clear that I've somehow managed to turn a bunch of highly talented players into a bunch of underperforming overpaid kids. Earnest Ashley has completed 53% of 33 pass attempts per game for 187 yards per game, for a whopping 1 touchdown. At least the interceptions (3 in 6 games) are acceptable, but I don't know what to make of this just yet. Ken Torphy started somewhat well with a couple of 100-yard games, but in the last three games he averaged 66 yards on the ground. Our receivers have been missing in action. Vinny Buysse, Calvin Maxwell, Ed Schulz and George Stuckey have combined for 57 catches, 692 receiving yards and a single touchdown. Yeah, combined in 6 games. It's not a result of our tight end Clarence Gore and running back Torphy stealing targets, that duo combined for an average of 10 targets for 6 catches, 63 yards per game. The Ed Schulz illness has carried on towards the rest of the offense, despite that we got rid of our way too optimistic long passing plans. The offensive line is by no means making a case for being as good as we believe them to be (the best Merchantmen quintet ever), they already allowed 18 sacks, that's 3 per game, for crying out loud. Imagine if we didn't take precaution after recent seasons of playing way below their ability.

On the bright side, the rest of the division is struggling a bit as well.

1. Paris 4-2
2. Bordeaux 4-2
3. Maassluis 3-3
4. Gothenburg 3-4

Our next game will be in Paris. I'm afraid it won't be enough to lean on our defense, we'll need these talented sons-of-you-know-what-I'm-not-going-tow-write-here to actually play up to their ability for a change. I'm going to make an overhaul of our game plan, because quite clearly listening to my staff members hasn't brought us any results yet at all.

And if these guys actually start playing some football that's worth writing about, maybe that'll inspire me to tell about them. But for now, it's all a pain to see how much these kids are wasting their talent. Team, I know y'all can do much better, act like it. Starting tomorrow, at Paris. Do it.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 07-05-2021 at 03:12 PM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote