View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 01:46 AM   #3422
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I know how it works my friend, but they also as a practice won't apply a charge that likely won't stick regardless of what the criminal looks like, you can't broad brush everything, it doesn't represent the full picture. He broke the window, but it would be hard to tie her actions, in trying to enter, to what he did. Again, the guy is a POS and hopefully gets every years of his 40 year max sentence after his behavior, but I really doubt they would have gotten felony murder to stick.

Sorry but this is horseshit. The federal government goes with heavy handed charges all the time. People who were merely in the vicinity of people causing trouble during the inauguration faced 60 years in prison.

J20 protests: All you need to know about the nearly 200 people facing 60 years in jail for protesting Trump | The Independent | The Independent

If these were Muslims or black protestors, not only would a lot of them be dead, but every person who stepped into the Capitol would have been charged with felony murder.

The DOJ went soft on these people, including the organizers who have not faced any legal consequences. Five people died, others were injured, millions in damages, and pipebombs found. Next to no serious charges filed and I doubt any suspects see more than a couple years behind bars.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote