View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #392
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who’s Ready for Training Camp?

I cut my extra FB and head to preseason

We sell 59,300 season tix

Whoa! We have a potential boom rookie. Van Ellwood. We’ll see if he’s like that post-preseason.

Remember when my team couldn’t buy a LB with a vowel. Now we are getting linebackers a go go and having trouble finding DT. It seriously might be time to go 3-4 next year. I’m told if I move this guy to SILB he’d get better. I’ve developed guys like Joyner and Gati on my roster as quality backup folk. I was surprised at how good MLB 4.32 Eduardo Sweat came out, and now he’s a 59/59 starter for me. And now maybe Ellwood is in that vein, we’ll see.

In the preseason we get blown out by the Seahawks, then win two, and finally edged in the final game by the Packers by a FG and finish 2-2.

Damn Ellwood got even better!

Alright, here’s my 1st rounder for ya’ll at a position of not-need. Not yet:

Alright you can see the lad here. 33/71 is not a bad place post-camp/preseason after multiple chances to bust. Now the 94 volatility is always a concern, but I’m fine – nothing major happened (yet at least)

My TE Tony Gasho finishes the campaign at 42/59. That’s also a strong entry from the draft for my roster, and I hope we end up with a guy who is Kovacs+, I’d be happy.

My 4th rounder DT Zachery Stevenson, who was a rookie for me, finishes with a 28/54 rating. That’s not shabby. Undrafted FA RG Hugh Stone is very very green, but finishes with a 16/53. Also pretty solid.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-04-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote