View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #357
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2016 -

Tonight, I'm starting in Boston in one of my most important starts of my career. I need to win this to get us back within 2.5 games. We are wearing throwback uniforms again tonight, but I feel like I've finally broken that jinx.

Carlos Quentin with a 2 run homer to start the game! Welcome back, Carlos! That is his 23rd of the year.

To start the game, Jacoby hits a 3-2 fastball hard towards 3rd, but Jose with a diving stop and a great throw from his knees! That was very unexpected. It looks like his defense improved some during his time back in the minors. Felix Pinada drives it to center for the 2nd out of the inning. Pedroia draws a walk with 2 outs. Paul Konerko grounds out to Cano to end the inning.

Coco with a solo homer in the 2nd. That is his 10th of the year. 3-0 lead.

Justin Upton weakly grounds a 0-2 slider to 3rd for the 1st out. Conor Gillaspie with a hard grounder that is just out of Cano's reach. Dioner Navarro hits a soft comeback at me. I throw it to 2nd, but we can't quite turn the double play. 2 outs with Dioner at 1st. Brian Roberts with a single to right but Gwynn guns down Navarro going for 3rd to end the inning.

Mohamed Fowler weakly pops up a 1-2 slider for the 1st out of the 3rd. Jacoby flies out to left. Pinada grounds out to Alexei.

Gwynn with a RBI double in the 4th and then Quentin knocks him in. 5-0 lead.

Pedroia flies out to Quentin for the 1st out of the 4th. Struck out Konerko with an inside 2-2 fastball. A fastball gets away from me and drills Upton. Conor grounds out to short to end the inning.

Navarro flies out to Gwynn for the 1st out of the 5th. Roberts strikes out chasing a 1-2 outside fastball for the 2nd out. Fowler pops up to 1st to end the inning.

Jacoby with an infield single to start the 6th. Alexei with an error on a hard grounder by Pinada, should have been a double play. Pedroia laces a 0-1 slider into left center for a RBI single. 5-1. Konerko beats out the 5-4-3 DP thanks to a hard slide at 2nd. Upton hits it hard, but Cano with a great play to start the 4-6-3 DP to end the inning

Conor grounds out to 1st to start the 7th. Navarro bounces it back to me for the 2nd out. Roberts flies out to the warning track but Quentin catches up to it.

Mike turns to the pen to start the 8th. Kuo allows 1 in the 8th and Groniga allows 1 in the 9th but we win it 5-4. He gets his 23rd save and I get my 18th win.

7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote