View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s get to playing. I move my mechs out slowly. I fire our long range energy weapons at their Grand Dragon. Our Awesome falls and hits its head under some damage.

Our Awesome stands up. I try to set some of the hexes they are hiding behind on fire. We catch two on fire.

I slice into their Dragon and Wolverine, they moistly miss us.

Our Awesome falls down twice, once when trying got walk up a hill backwards and once when trying to get up from that. Stupid mech. I manage to set another set of woods on fire. Our Awesome is hammered and our Zeus unloads into their G Dragon.

We fail twice more to stand up the Awesome. That’s four failures when all that was needed was a fricking 5 on 2d6. Damn it. I move our BattleMaster towards their Grand Dargon but behind a screen of trees from everyone else. We take targets of opportunity and they retreat with their G Dragon.

Wow, I actually stand up the Awesome and run with it away. More trgets of opportunity.

Our Awesome finally makes it to heavy woods and will snipe from here after losing a bunch of external armor. This has become a long range battle, where they move mechs in and out, and we are not charging their good defensive position, and vice versa. We set another fire.

Round 8 is here, and this is really slow. Our BAttleMaster’s PPC HIt’s the Grand Dragon in the head and it is down for the count. Our Vulvan kicks a Locust, hit’s a hip actuator, and knocks it down.

Great, we are on the 9th turn and still practically nothing has been done. They stood their Locust back up. Our Awesome destroys their Locusts LT and LA. The Vulcan destroys its CT and it dies. Well, we are picking it up now.

We run our BattleMaster behind one of their Wolverines. The BattleMaster lasers the Wolvie’s head once, and goes critical in a few places, but no results.

Welcome to round f’in 11. They get a through armor critical on our Zeus and hit the LRM ammo, but there were only two shots left My Mechwarrior ejects, and the LT is destroyed, but the CT is wounded but stable, so I lost ht emech for this battle, but it is still around, as is my MechWarrior.

Rnd 12 is here. They expose a few light mechs so I run my Hunchback out of seclusion and hope to take advantage. Our battleMaster kicks and destroys the LL of their JR7-F Jenner.

They brought their Guillotine out. I run our Hunchy next to one of their wounded Wolvies. Our Awesome destroys the LT of their Wolvie 6K. Our Griffin destroys its RT. Their Jenner and Wolvie fall, as does our Crusader.

Here comes Round 14. Our Crusader tries to stand, fails, and then finally gets up. Our Awesome hits and destroys their Lancelot in the head. That’s got to piss them off. Their Guillotine falls after taking damage. Our BattleMaster kicks and destroys the LT of their Jenner 7F. It falls again.

Here comes round 15. Their Guillotine stands. Our Hunchback hits their regular Jenner in the CT with its AC20 and destroys it. Dead mech. We rolled an 11 and that section is recoverable, so now let me rool for the gyro and engine. Both are repairbale. It’ll take a while. One of their Wolvies hit’s the PPC on our BattleMaster. Our Hunchy kicks and destroys the RL of their JR7-F variant, taking out its second leg and making it immobile, and the pilot blacks out too.

Round 16 is here, and we are starting to get the momentum. They withdraw, and frankly, we let them. We took out two Jenners, a 2750 with LosTech Lancelot, a Grand Dragon, and a Locust, and many of their mechs were savaged like both Wolvies, Guillotine, and more, so they leave.

Salvage:

Grand Dragon missing H
Lancelot missing H.
Locust H, RT, RA, LL, RL
Wolverine 6k LA, RA
Jenner normal variant will take a month to repair
Jenner 7F missing RL, LL, LT, LA
Jenner LA

Repair:

Zeus missing LT, engine hit once
BattleMaster two hits on PPC.

We will need about 50 tons of armor for our peops.

That one took forever. I have some pilots who leveled.

Lt. Mika Motone now has Edge:1
Sgt. Ian Hall now has Edge: 1

End of Mission 2

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-14-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote