View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

All of the others are there, including he one who would see me dead.

Here they are. I have five options, because I have decided to attack without warning in order to take out my assassin. I can choose any of the five riders. Who is the spy?

Well, I feel like I can safely eliminate the brothers. If one or both are spies, they choose an unfortunate masque, because the Knights are bound to do a lot of things, and a lot of spy-ish behavior would be seen as out of place by the Knights. Plus, there are two of them, so it’s not like one is making up their identity . Sure, it’s possible that one has been subverted or mind controlled or something, but there are better options.

Viveka is also easy to dismiss, simply because there is nothing mentioned about her at all. Perhaps the quiet is a clue as to her assassin identity, but the other two have more interesting issues.

The first hole I see is Halvarc, the Merchant. Being a merchant and claiming you lost everything that makes you a merchant is very convenient? It allows you the freedom to not have to do any merchantly things. It sounds like a made up story. Now, him knowing the way does support the idea he is the merchant, but it is knowledge that could have easily come from many other places including setting up ambushes.

The other is Parsion. Now, I only have one thing on Parsion, but it is suspicious. He claims he is Sommlending like me, and left and traveled by coach. I meet him in Ragadorn days and days after the war began in Sommerlund. How does my own countryman not know of the war? Now, if had berthed in a place for a few days rest or layover waiting for a coach then that would account for it. However, it is something.

Halvarc has a convenient story, but that’s all. Parsion has actually something against him. Therefore, I would order them in order of suspiciousness Parsion-Halvarc-Viveka- The Brothers. Who do I attack? Parsion. Kai guide my choice though.

The priest does not seem to be surprised by my attack and draws a black sword from beneath his robes. CS 16, EP 23.

I roll a 5 and dole out 9 while I take 2. A 2 follows and he takes 6 and me 3. A 9 ends it as he is daggered for 14 damage. I took 5 damage total.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote