View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Our first mission was in Osaka, Japan. We dropped down on top of a building as the Skyranger started taking fire. My mission team consisted of Viktor Ivanov, Ping Chen, Takumi Nishamura and Brad Dunn.

As they exit the airship Viktor immediately heads to the left and sets up on overwatch. Brad moves down to the right side and takes some shelter behind some building supplies and contact! He catches some greenskins across the rooftop. They are within firing distance.

Our scientist is going off on how this is some historical event, all I can see from Brad's remote camera is they are green, bug eyed and have weapons. I issue the command to take them down.

Chen dashes right up the middle and sets up on a secure location next to a metal shipping container while Takumi dashes to the left to try and get up on top of another roof.

The aliens waste no time in introducing themselves as hostile and send a volley of green plasma towards Brad, he is hit and panics, shooting at no one in particular. His vitals are through the roof and he is bleeding bad and frozen in place. Chen is in a good spot as the aliens miss her.

Viktor sitting in overwatch catches an alien that decided to move in his line of fire. Viktor pops up and takes him out. What do you know, their blood is green. Viktor then moves to the left again and sits up in some solid concealment and fires again. Down goes alien number 2 and Viktor is feeling it.

Chen falls back and sets up in overwatch. Takumi runs up the ramp to the top of the building and sets up in a spot to be able to see all next round.

Brad is still whimpering and looking at the gaping hole in his arm as another alien sends a barrage of shots his way. It was a gruesome sight but I couldn't take my eyes off of it. The shot hits Brad square in the chest, just below the neck and propels him back. Our first operator is down.

Chen moves back to her position, knowing from command she can lob a grenade and take out two aliens which she pulls the maneuver off to perfection. Except the one alien was partially covered. Chen kills one and seriously injures the other. Our scientist is shrieking about the preservation of their weapons and I tell her to stuff it.

Chen does open herself up to some fire and takes a few shots and she panics as well. Meanwhile, Viktor moves back to the right, sets up and rips off another blast and drops his 3rd alien. Viktor is a monster!

Takumi moves to the next rooftop, sets up and shoots, covering Chen as she is panicking. His shots miss.

The aliens are moving now, one is doing something to the wounded alien telepathically.

Chen recovers to climb up on top of the shipping container and sets up behind some bricks. She fires and misses. Takumi misses to the left and has a great shot on the wounded alien, he is exposed and it should be as simple as pulling the trigger. I think Takumi got a little excited because he hit all around the alien, but not the alien.

Meanwhile thinking Takumi couldn't miss I had ordered Viktor over to the right side some more to take out the other alien. He missed, and Takumi's miss of the wounded alien leaves Viktor exposed. The wounded alien turns and drills Viktor square in the chest and he falls in place. Chen panics again.

Takumi fires at the wounded alien angry and wanting to avenge Viktor, the aliens head explodes and Takumi still empties the gun into the dead aliens body, there is nothing left.

Chen is still huddled up calling for her daddy while an alien moves and takes a shot at her, barely missing her. Whoa, that woke her up. She stands up, and unleashes her fury and the alien goes down.

We do a quick scan of the area and they have all booked out.

Mission Rating
6 Aliens Killed (Excellent)
2 Operators Lost (Poor)

Items Recovered
6 Sectoid Corpses
10 Weapon Fragments

Promotions
Chen is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Heavy.
Takumi is promoted to a Squaddie and is now a Sniper.