View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #72
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So I'm trying my hand at counting cards. When I played this game a while back, I got an email from someone asking me not to build as many cities as I wanted to, since it meant that he would draw a non-tradeable calamity, and that he would make it worth my while. I forget whether or not I did it, but it made me wonder if I should be paying more attention to the trade deck.

So in my other game, we're in the 3rd round or so of trading -- I went back and skimmed through all my emails, and saw what people were saying they had and what they wanted, and what trades they made. And I've been paying attention to what cards were put back in the deck when civilization cards were purchased. I think it's really helped.

Is this kind of discussion something you want to see in the thread? I figure I can document one of our two games, though we should keep at least one game to be free of card discussion. Or if we want to keep both games free of card discussion, I can document how I've been doing in my other game. I guess it depends on how much we want to make our games a learning environment -- if so, discussion is probably fine. But if we want more gamesmanship, we probably shouldn't talk about it, and maybe even if I document what I'm seeing in the other game, people might think that's giving out too much info. Thoughts?

It almost sounds like he was trying to threaten you without a threat. Yuk. Actually that kinda thing goes on in RL in games too. People whining and telling you to do or not do something while only trying to help themselves and I find it lame. I can guess it's even worse on the internet, especially to players that are new.Not a fan of that kind of "coersion".
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote