View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #155
Radii
Head Coach

April 27th, 2013

Accrington (12th) @ Woking(1st)

I put Harsanyi and O'sullivan out there to start today to give the fans a chance to see at least a little of our best on the pitch, we've sold way more tickets than usual to this one.

25': We've taken 2 shots off target, they have 3.

HALF: scoreless, we have a 65/35 edge in possession.

46': Coke runs down the left sideline, puts a cross into the area. Ademola with a header, it hits the crossbar, the keeper dove for it and is on the ground. Harsanyi is first to the rebound and puts it in! 1-0

70': A long free kick by Pegler, Cousins gets his head to it from outside the area. The keeper had started to come out a little for it, he backtracks, but the ball ends up going off him and into the net. Its counted as an own goal. 2-0

80': Accrington get one back with an open look from about 18 yards out, poor defending by Griffiths. 2-1

James Oliver-Pearce picks up two yellows in the final 5 minutes and is sent off, but it doesn't matter, his second one game seconds before the final whistle.

Woking 2 : 1 Accrington

Ademola is man of the match today, 7.5 with an assist.

Harsanyi puts in our only goal (6.8) that wasn't an own goal. Pegler is cerdited with an assist for the goal kick somehow (7.5).

Elsewhere: Nikolaou (7.0), O'Sullivan(7.0).

And that's the end of the season for us!

I have to say, outside of Harsanyi, I have no idea who can play well in League 2. Stelios Nikolaou put on a good performance pretty much every time he was in defense. O'Sullivan, Arter, Pulis and Herd seem a solid MC compliment. Subotic better be able to cut it, and Lynch is still improving. But I really dunno. We re-signed most of our roster and will have a lot of decisions for next year. Hopefully we can get some PRM loaners next season, something that's rarely happened for us. And hopefully we start pulling in a little more money.

But there's a long offseason to figure all of that out.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote