View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 02:39 AM   #168
Radii
Head Coach

The USA draws at home with Costa Rica and loses on the road at Mexico. After 5 matches:

1. Mexico - 15 pts (5-0-0)
2. Honduras - 9 pts
3. Canada - 7 pts
4. USA - 6 pts (1-3-1)
5. Guatamala - 4 pts
6. Costa Rica - 1 pts

The US travels to Canada for a key match in August.

Top 3 qualify, 4th place with a playoff (vs a South American team IIRC).

-- Woking earns a new primary shirt sponsorship. This will be a 3 year deal worth $60k/yr. Our previous deal was worth $41k/yr. Moving up in the world!

-- Joe O'Sullivan is named the fans player of the year for 2012/13. Last season Harsanyi got it when I thought that O'Sullivan was clearly better. This year O'Sullivan gets it when I thought Harsanyi was clearly better.

Woking Best Eleven - 2012/13

DL Stelios Nikolaou played 28 matches with a 7.35 rating, a solid new sighing for me. The players picked him as the best player on the team last year.

The rest of the team:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Fenton/Anane
MC: Arter/O'Sullivan
AM: Bennett/Ademola
ST: Cousins/Main

lol? Cousins has a 7.09 rating compared to Harsanyi's 7.01. Cousins only played in easy games for the most part, Harsanyi scored 22 more goals. Nifty.

Woking All Time Best Eleven

Two new players make the team this year. Here's how it looks:

GK: Lee Butcher (48 apps/6.73 rating)
DL: Jordan Clarke (53 apps/7.09 rating)
DC: Nick Fenton (105 apps/6.89 rating/3 goals)
DC: Mike Williams (62 apps/6.96 rating/8 goals)
DR: Ricky Anane (72 apps/6.87 rating/2 goals
ML: Nicky Nicolau (46 apps/7.10 rating/4 goals)
MC: Anthony Pulis (85 apps/6.98 rating/5 goals)
MC: Joe O'Sullivan (102 apps/7.30 rating/3 goals)
MR: Moses Ademola (142 apps/6.90 rating/36 goals)
ST: Mark Cullen (52 apps/7.11 rating/25 goals)
ST: Romone Rose (50 apps/7.05 rating/14 goals)

Mike Williams and Ricky Anane are new to the all time best 11, replacing current players Aswad Thomas and Mark Ricketts. Anane has been a very good sub and I'm content with him, but I'm surprised Ricketts is being forgotten so fast.

Harsanyi has 99 appearances/58 goals/7.02 rating for us, Rose and Cullen were both multi season loaners, wonder what has to happen for him to make it.

Season Schedule Released

--From the past to the future. Our first league 2 season is ready to start soon! A large number of our players got a 10% salary increase from promotion.

--We play our first ever league 2 match at home vs Tranmere on August 10th. They were relegated from League 1 last season.

--We receive $437,000 for TV Rights for league 2. Again, moving on up!

Season Expectations

Our goals are simply to avoid relegation, and that's great, hopefully I can bring in loaners and add payroll to progress the team without doing anything drastic early on.

By accepting these lowly goals we have no transfer budget but a $25k/week salary budget allowed.

Our current Salary total going into the year is $18,491/wk. We have some room to spend here for sure.

League 2 Odds

Brighton - 6:4
Tranmere - 2:1
Northampton - 5:2
Leyton Orient - 6:1
Stockort - 6:1
Notts Co - 8:1

We are 20:1. That's a lot better than I would have expected. Hooray for us?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote