View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:41 AM   #174
Radii
Head Coach

New Signing

Welcome AMR Aidan Downes to Woking. Downes is Irish, 25 years old, and will be making $1000/wk.

Downes is rated better than Ademola by my scouts and doesn't appear to have major holes in his game. Decent speed, decent stamina, decent fitness(all 11 or 12). He's good off the ball (12) and a good decision maker. He is a decent dribbler, passer, crosser, and finisher, not great anywhere but in the 9-12 range in all of those areas.

I'm a lot more excited about the guys I have on loan on the left side of the midfield (Jesus and Chapman) but I feel like Downs and Ademola will be an acceptable compliment on the right side of the field and will not likely be stars or spectacular players but can hold their own.

With that, I have secured my opening day roster. I have a little salary to play with and I have room to bring in loaners wherever I find them. I really exhausted the list of guys available for loan at my big need positions which is the reason that I've made these big signings instead of trying to get a full compliment of season long loaners.

If I find that I have major holes in my roster, especially at striker/MC/GK where I haven't looked at all, I'll try to bring in a loaner who can be a star for me for a year while I figure out what to do.

August Notes

Joe O'Sullivan is singled out for having trained well recently. His creativity(12), Work Rate(13), Accelleration(13) and Strength(12) have all improved recently. As good as O'Sullivan has been for me remember that he's only 21.

-- The board is pleased with my leading of the team. The positive atmosphere among the players is a big reason. The big downside in the eyes of the board is that I let Mark Ricketts go. I stand by that decision totally, and that feeling will fade with time.

August 1st, 2013

QPR @ Woking - Friendly

It's our last friendly before the regular season! I'm pleased to note that QPR earned promotion back up to the Premier Division last season, always a good thing for our parent club.

I open with what I intend to be my opening day roster:

DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: O'Sullivan/Pulis
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Harsanyi/Subotic

Key subs will be:

AM Steve Clapham
ST Giuseppe Sole
AM Moses Ademola
MC Harry Arter
DR Ricky Anane
DC Nick Fenton
MC Chris Herd
MC Sam Sloma

Obviously in any given match I'll only be able to name 5 subs, usually as the season goes on its obvious who is more likely to need rest, etc.

We give up two first half goals to QPR. The first is directly due to an error by Christian Smith. The second they were just better and faster heh. Subotic and Sole both had a few chances but couldn't finish. Ogogo looked bad but everyone else on the team is pretty much ready for the season and this was his first warmup match.

Woking 0 : 2 QPR

And with that, we'll start the regular season next time I sit down to play.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote