View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #190
Radii
Head Coach

October Updates

--The board is pleased with my leading of the team. bringing in Jesus on loan is the high point, while our 5-1 league cup loss to Charlton still stings. We lost $152,000 last month. We're not making nearly enough to cover our increased expenses, despite the fact that our team's average salary is barely half the league average.

-- Wycombe's Jordan Clarke wins another young player of the month award. Joe O'Sullivan is 2nd this month.

-- QPR has offered striker Tommy Hicks to us on loan. He seems decent but i dunno if we can really take on another striker. He's deciding whether to come still...

October 1st, 2013

Woking (4-2-3, 9th) @ Exeter(4-0-5, 14th)

We're 7:4 dogs here, while Exeter are 5:4 favorites. I'm surprised its that close until I realize I had Exeter mixed up with Oxford and thought I was playing one of the best teams in the league, I'm not :P

Exeter Striker Luke Daley looks like a big problem. He's quite fast and has 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 matches so far. Exeter looks like a team that scores a lot but also gives up a lot of goals.

Anane is in today to help the defense against what looks like a quick offense (Ogogo getting too far foward could kill us here). A couple other subs are made for fitness reasons.

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Anane
MC: Ball/O'Sullivan
AM: Clapham/Ademola
ST: Harsanyi/Pablo

We'll try a counterattacking strategy today

4': Daley has two shots already, the second Lynch really made a spectacular diving save to get.

7': Harsanyi picks up an injury and is forced to come out... Subotic is in, hopefully this isn't long term.

14': The ball is headed around a couple times after an Exeter corner before one of their defenders gets off a strong volley that hits the crossbar. We're under heavy attack here heh.

30': We've switched to a defensive mindset and have settled things some.

HALF: Exeter manage 3 shots in the final 15 minutes, two way off and one a very weak effort that Lynch got easily.

We have 2 shots, neither on target, they have 11, 4 on target including 1 clear cut chance that Lynch made the great early save on. Our offensive guys are all playing very poorly the few times we have gotten the ball forward.

47': WTFWTFWTF. Lynch with a goal kick, their man heads it back towards the keeper. The keeper goes to scoop it up near the 6 yard box and... trips? just simply doesn't hold onto the ball. Pablo was tracking that way to pressure the keeper a bit. Pablo runs over and passes the ball into the empty net. Never seen anything close to that before. 1-0

51': WTFWTFWTF part 2. A long ball played forward by Exeter goes into the right corner of the penalty area. Lynch goes to scoop it up and apparently touches the ball inches outside the area. Or the ref is a moron, one of the two. Lynch gets a yellow card and is called for a handball, setting up a very dangerous free kick. They loft it into the area and Ball heads it out.

55': Subotic wins a ball in midfield, cuts right and blows right by a defender. He continues by himself, making it into the penalty area, taking a shot, but putting it just wide.

56': A counter from Exeter, they feed it forward to one of their strikers, Smith misses a tackle, allowing the striker to turn, play a ball through to Daley who runs onto it and puts it in. 1-1

65': After some Exeter possession they play a cross, Williams heads it out, but they get to it and head it back into the area, the ball hits the ground and striker Daghall is the first one to it, he easily puts it by Lynch. 1-2

65': Upson in for Ball, Jesus in for Clapham.

81': Two quick yellows for Exeter players rooney and uh, a defender whose name I forgot already.

87': Upson wins a ball in midfield, quickly feeds Subotic who plays a ball forward to Pablo, Pablo finds a big hole in the defense and makes it into the penalty area before easily beating the keeper! 2-2

92': O'Sullivan with a yellow for tripping Daley on a header. this was out near midfield though.

That'll do it, a very strange game here.

Exeter 2 : 2 Woking

We have to be pleased here, we got a fluke goal from a goalie mistake and pulled a draw despite being outshot 18-6 and Exeter having some very quick attackers that gave us a lot of trouble.

Pablo is man of the match with an 8.8 rating and both our goals.

Subotic had our only assist and a 7.0 rating.

Elsewhere: O'Sullivan 7.1.

Clapham was awful before coming out, 5.4 rating for him. Anane had a 6.2 and wasn't great either.

-- Brighton fire their head coach. I'm expected to be a top candidate for the job. I'm a little worried about Woking's potential in a 4500 capacity stadium. Brighton has a 25,000 arena. They are also in 23rd place after being predicted 1st by the media, which is terrifying. I decide I'll wait until our stadium actually starts limiting my advancement and issue a statement that I'm not interested in the job.

-- Harsanyi will be out for about a week, he'll miss one match, maybe two.

We're in 10th place with 10 matches down. Multiple teams still have 0 wins in league play and we are off to a great start for a team just expected to avoid relegation.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote