View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #191
Radii
Head Coach

-- QPR Striker Tommy Hicks was willing to come to Woking but I guess the deal was going to default to "rest of the season" and we have reached our maximum for that already. Really with Harsanyi/Subotic/Pablo we don't need another striker anyway.

October 4th, 2013

Barnet (2-1-7, 21st) @ Woking (4-3-3, 10th)

We're pretty big 4:7 favorites here today against a struggling Barnet side. This is Barnet's 9th year in a row in League 2, their best finish being 12th in 2007/08.

Barnet striker Kofi Lockhart-Adams has 3 goals and 2 assists in 10 matches so far and is their highest rated player. His bravery sucks and we're going to close down and tackle hard to try to rattle him.

Some lineup changes today due to fatigue and Harsanyi's injury:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Subotic/Pablo

Pablo has 3 goals in our last two matches now.

3': O'Sullivan up to Pablo, Pablo runs right by one defender and strikes from about 19 yards out, the keeper makes the save, nice move to get open though.

14': Ogogo picks up a knock going in for a tackle, he doesn't have to come out but he's down to 70% fitness.

20': After a deep throwin, they get a header way up into the air, Lockhart-Adams gets his head to the ball in the 6 yard box and the trajectory of that header seems to have messed everyone up. His header gets by Lynch. 0-1

30': Our first clear cut chance comes after a bad throw by their keepr, Jesus steals it, charges down the right sideline, crosses to Subotic who heads it over... point blank basically...

39': Mike williams with a yellow going up for a header.

44': Striker beavon with a yellow for a foul near the penalty area on a corner kick

44': Jesus takes the free kick and it blasts off the left post and back into the penalty area. Subotic is in the right place at the right time and pokes the ball into the net while the keeper is down (he dove after the free kick). 1-1

HALF: A frustrating first half til the last minute there. Ogogo took much of the blame for the goal we allowed and Christian Smith is having a crappy half. We take 12 shots and put only 4 on target, they take 6 shots and put 3 on target. At least 2 of our on target shots were fairly weak efforts that had no shot of scoring, just playing catch with the keeper. Point being, I don't really feel like we've been *that* dominant despite the stats.

53': Barnet midfielder Sawyer gets a yellow for a tackle on Upson.

55': Pablo takes a pass about 20 yards out, he cuts by a defender... and instead of taking the ball into the area when he seemed to have an open lane, he shoots from there and puts it wide.

75': Upson with a great steal in their third of the field, he plays a nice ball forward to Subotic who takes a hard shot from just inside the penalty area, the keeper is able to deflect it. The ball falls to Downes but he isn't able to get a shot off before teh keeper recovers. We end up working it around for a cross and earn a corner. The corner comes to nothign.

77': Cousins in for Pablo, Thomas in for Nikolaou, Ball in for Upson, all done for fatigue reasons. We also switch to an attacking mindset.

90': Ball with a yellow for a bad tackle.

Woking 1 : 1 Barnet

The two chances I mentioned in the writeup above is pretty much all that either team generated all half. We only took 4 shots all half, they just took 2.

Subotic earns man of the match for his goal today, 7.2 rating.

Jesus earns a 6.8 rating and has the assist.

Other ratings: Nikolaou (7.0), O'Sullivan (7.0), Upson (7.1). Ogogo struggles with a 5.8.

The fans are pleased with our draw... funny, I'm not at all. Lots of times i'm happy with a result and the fans are mad, rarely the other way around.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote