View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #195
Radii
Head Coach

October 19th, 2013

Northampton (3-5-4, 16th) @ Woking(5-4-3, 8th)

We're very very slim favorites here, 6:4 compared to 13:8, basically even.

Northampton has bounced back and forth between league 2 and league 1 since 1967. They finished dead last in league 1 last year and are trying to work back up again. This is our first match.

We're playing what I currently feel is the best team we can field after a solid week of rest.

GK: Lynch
DEF: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Harsanyi/Pablo

22': Northampton controls the early possession, they get a nice through ball to the left side of the area, the shot is taken, its off the crossbar, Nikolaou is able to scramble the rebound away while Lynch gets back into position.

25': Upson makes a run down the right sideline, dunno how he got down there, but the cross he plays is really nice, Jesus is there at the far end of the 6 yard box, the keeper dives out for the cross and jesus heads it down into the empty net! 1-0

39': PABLO. This guy owns. Upson wins a ball in midfield and fires it forward to Pablo. He bursts by one man, cuts left, defender goes with him, he plays the ball to the right into the area a few yards away, the defender is going the wrong way, Pablo gets there and drills it into the net. Great goal!! 2-0

We control 53% of the possession, pretty close, but we're passing better, crossing better, we seem to position ourselves better and are winning all the loose balls. Each team has four shots, we have 2 on target, both for goals. Upson is looking like a superstar. Pablo too.

46': We win a free kick 30 yards out, Upson takes it, fires a shot and its just off the crossbar.

63': Downes picks up an injury, down to under 65% fitness and is listed as injured so it might be multi-game. Ademola comes in for Downes, Subotic in for Harsanyi who is having a horrible game.

75': We're dominating everything now. Ademola twice swings in crosses that Subotic gets his head to but he hasn't been able to finish one.

Woking 2 : 0 Northampton

After 53/47 possession in the first half and each team taking four shots, the game ends with us having a 19-6 edge in shots and a 63/37 possession edge.

Upson is brilliant today, 2 assists, key headers, key passes, 11/11 on headers, 9.0 rating and man of the match.

Goals: Pablo (8.3), Jesus (7.8)

Others: Ogogo (7.5), Nikolaou (7.5)

Harsanyi putsup an inexplicable 5.7 when no one else on the roster is below 6.8.

Job Offer

I've been rumored for a few jobs before, but this is a first. And the scenario is pretty awesome too to picture. So after our game with Northampton today, they fire their coach. Before they hop on the bus to go back home, I receive a call officially offering me the Northampton job. Northampton would offer me $1,100/week to take their job. I currently make $950/wk. Northampton has a $38k/wk budget compared to our $25k/wk, and they have an $11,000 transfer budget compared to our zero.

I'm still committed to taking Woking as far as I can, and I turn this one down too, but its flattering to officially get an offer.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote