View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 05:42 PM   #407
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: the rare times you can reverse things...
If only in real life...

The nice thing about cumulating orders and sending them in a way that it can be reversed and re-done, it can do wonders every now or then. Such is the case here, as I decided to revert two decision that I made earlier. Let's take a look at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
General Manager Notes: the day everything can change...Linebackers
75/75 (+2/+2) Brandon Brady
45/45 (-6/-6) Daquan Espino
45/45 (-3/-3) Clayton Jackson
35/35 (+6/+6) Jose Meadows
30/35 (nc/+1) Andrew Cochrane (R)
25/25 (-5/-5) Brant Rayburn
20/20 (-12/-12) Les Flowers (new)
10/10 (-2/-2) Alec Palmer
The verdict on Flowers is out: out. He looked nice, but is worse than all the nine d-linemen. That still leaves us with too many linebackers than we could use. It's a decision for the top3 (Brady, Jackson, Espino) and behind them 2 or 3 special teamers. Meadows looks safe, the staff says he's so good, he can't even be ranked amongst his peers in the league.
bubble: Palmer
cut: Cochrane and Flowers
Andrew Cochrane, buddy, I've changed my mind. At least for another day or two, you'll be part of the team and we'll actually throw you out there to see some action! Why? Well, I looked at the training camp results and Cochrane was the 3rd most improved player. In my experience, that's a sign for good things to come, which makes it a waste to throw him away just already. We'll determine at a later moment whether Cochrane, Palmer or Rayburn won't make the final 53 men roster, but for the last two pre-season games, we'll stick at 56.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
General Manager Notes: the day everything can change...
That's where we stand now. We'll be 5 players lighter in the last two pre-season games. And after those, 2 more to let go. And not to forget: renegotiate with upcoming free agents. We've got about $26M of cap space to work with and at least one key player to talk with: Devon Farrell. (Actually, I should have talked with him now, but sometimes you make all the instructions that need to be made and afterwards remind yourself you forgot something. New chance tomorrow.)
And here's an even bigger no-brainer, this is a time to lock up potential free agents, so do it! This season we're getting one attempt less to extend contracts after pre-season 2, so we have to make them count. So, aside from Devon Farrell, everybody with an expiring contract will get a contract offered that will make them more expensive this season, but should keep them from running off as a free agent.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote