Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OR

we stop painting these people are savage gang members and human traffickers,

No doubt the rhetoric is BS.

Quote:
and allow them to seek asylum so we have some people in this country willing to do the work even the poorest white people wont.

You said asylum, I'm all for expanding guest worker program. My issue is not with legal but illegal. And yeah, let's take care of 5M in the legal backlog first.

Immigration Wait Times from Quotas Have Doubled: Green Card Backlogs Are Long, Growing, and Inequitable | Cato Institute
Quote:
More than 100,000 legal immigrants — 28 percent of the family‐​sponsored and employment‐​based lines with quotas — waited a decade or more to apply for a green card in 2018, up from 3 percent in 1991. By contrast, 31 percent had no wait at all from the quotas in 1991, while just 2 percent had no wait in 2018. The quota system also imposes limits on the number of green cards for individual nationalities, causing longer waits from countries with the highest demand. Indians averaged the longest wait because of quotas — over 8 years and 6 months.

Behind those immigrants who applied for green cards in 2018 stand nearly five million people waiting in the applicant backlog. Without significant reforms, wait times will become impossibly long for these immigrants. Altogether, about 675,000 would‐​be legal immigrants — 14 percent of those waiting in 2018 — would die without seeing a green card if they refused to give up and stayed in the line indefinitely. It will take decades and — in some categories — a half century or more to process everyone else waiting now.
Quote:
Then these people go on to have kids and grandkids that become valuable members of society. some become doctors, scientists, LEOs, professors, all the while contributing to our diversity.

Same as the legal 5M waiting in line.

And why the championing of the illegals "browns" south of the border? Why don't we champion the "yellows" in Asia, or the "browns" in South Asia, or the "blacks" in Africa. I'm all for expanding legal immigration for them before having more illegals from south of the border.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-17-2021 at 08:50 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote