View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #144
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I doubt that all the roles are in the game (otherwise there would be 5 wolves) so the wolves with strictly bad roles will just be able to claim the tweener roles they know no-one has. All a mass reveal will do is tell the wolfies were the juicy villager roles are.

I don't think it's impossible there would be more than the usual amount of wolves as the villagers might have a couple roles that would count as more than one villager. That could in part balance out having more than the usual amount of wolves.

I think a mass reveal off the bat wouldn't necessarily be as bad as you're suggesting, assuming all the roles were present. Obviously the four known traitor wolves would have to reveal as a duplicate role belonging to someone else, which means we would have four wolves narrowed down to eight players and then likely no more than one or two left other than that. That doesn't seem like too bad a trade-off for the knowledge the wolves would get in return.

My preference would not be to play it like that though, for three reasons. One, we don't know for sure that all roles are present in the game so the exercise could end up having all the downside without the upside. Two, some wolf roles would really benefit from knowing where certain good roles were (i.e. Connie Corleone) so there would be an element of shooting ourselves in the foot even if we did know all roles were present. And three, you don't have to share my opinion on this, but I don't really think it's in the spirit of the game. I find it to be kind of a cheesy tactic.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote