View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #44
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Offseason 2015, part 2

A nice honor for Kieron. The supporters split their votes fairly evenly, which says a lot about the performances of all three leading vote-getters.

I wouldn't have picked Derek Byrne for our Best Eleven, not after the way Alexander van der Steen filled in for Darcy in July and August. Otherwise, I think the choices capture the feel of our season very well.

I mentioned I'd have more to say about Roy Murphy's season later. Roy has been the Young Player of the Year in two successive leagues, in two successive seasons. As composed and commanding as he is, it's hard to believe he's only 20 now--and that he's never been called up to the Ireland setup.

Peter's contribution to our season can't be overestimated. There's a class, a maturity to his game that our team--which was otherwise quite young--needed over the course of the season.

Frej released Peter at the end of the season. I quickly offered him a contract...only to have him tell me Galway's squad wasn't strong enough to match his ambitions. That, right there, knocked the High King off the throne of my daughter's affections.

They'll always have 2015.

More well-deserved love for Kieron and Roy.

And a little for their boss, too.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 05-22-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote