View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #85
Dawgfan19
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
It seems you don't want to believe it, nothing new.

I always try to keep an open mind, especially with questions such as: "are the opposing defenses running cover-3 schemes?" I was trying to assess if tzach deployed an unbeatable system or no one made an effort to defend effectively. Perhaps you became confused and are describing yourself. After all, I am not the GM who has a reputation of spreading misinformation for my benefit. And please don't take that as a personal attack - just echoing the opinion of others in the community.

So, I did a little research by reviewing the game logs of tzach's regular season and playoff games. There were zero games running exclusive cover-3. Also, there were an alarming number of M2M, QB spy and (incredibly) buzz plays. Why would anyone run those defenses against an all pass team? As RD suggested, this is a fast paced sim, correct? Either the GMs don't have time to game plan or are not paying attention. This implies the mountain of stats tzach compiled were inflated.

I'm interested in hearing tzach's take on all of this. But here are my observations. A pass happy team can rack up tons of yards and points against the poor to middle of the pack teams. But come playoff time vs. a good GP, an all pass strategy can wilt. It’s all about risk/reward. And those turnovers in big games lead to one-and-done playoff appearances or losses in the bowl game. BTW, the TOs are more than INTs but strip sacks. The gentleman/non-gentleman in the FFL finished 5th in fumbles with zero runs and few QB scrambles.

Just my 2 cents (with an open mind). Well, perhaps 25 cents.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote