Thread: My next WW game
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
KWhit
Coordinator

My next WW game

For my next game, I want to run an RPG. Basically, a competitive dungeon crawl.

This game would be different from Abe's game, but similar enough that if you loved his game, you'll hopefully love mine, and if you hated his game, you're probably going to hate mine.

Here's the basic premise.

Teams of three adventurers are dropped in identical dungeons. All starting rooms are the same, the layout is the same, etc. The goal is to race through the dungeon as quickly as possible. The team that gets out first (alive) wins.

Of course, speed isn't the only thing that you have to focus on. You will need to gain experience as you go to be able to defeat monsters that are on guard within. You will need to find/purchase magic items to increase your likelyhood of survival.

So basically, you will need to think strategically. Do you take the extra time to search a room thoroughly? Or do you plow through as quickly as possible to get further on in the dungeon faster than your opponents?

And the team aspect will be important too. You'll have to work together to succeed.

So this is not your typical WW game. It will require at least 9 people to play and I can go up to 15 (I don't think I want more than 5 teams), so I wanted to gauge interest before I go any further with the ruleset. It will likely take a 3-4 weeks to complete, so I am fine if someone else starts a new WW game once I get enough people committed to my game.

So who thinks they would want to sign up for this? Of course, nothing is binding until I put up my ruleset, I just wanted to make sure people weren't burnt out from the last long RPG game we had.

Thoughts?

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote