View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #12
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Played a couple of games this week so far. Tuesday we played a decent team that actually has 3 members of our travel team on it. 8th grade won 6-4 - they were shut down and losing 2-0 until they scored all 6 runs in the 4th inning to take control. In the 7th grade game, Caitlin started at 1B but didn't pitch. She went 1-3 with a single and scored what would have been the winning run, but the other team scored 4 in the top of the last inning to beat us 6-3.

Great night last night. Played the team we got embarrassed by right before spring break, our toughest competition for the conference title, in a game we had to have to keep up with them. This was the team that roughed Caitlin up a bit, too. 8th grade won 9-4. In the 7th grade game, Caitlin started at pitcher and had 2 solid innings, giving up 2 hits, striking out 3, walking none, and giving up an unearned run on a dropped 3rd strike baserunner and a bloop single the RF probably should have caught. At the plate, she went 1-2 with a double. Game ended tied 3-3 after 4 innings because the field didn't have lights and it got too dark to continue.

Tonight we play another away game. Like last weekend, we're supposed to play in a tournament Friday/Saturday, but we're forecast for up to 4 inches of rain, so I don't think it's going to happen.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-21-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote