View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #16
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We had the first game of our conference tournament this morning. We're the #1 seed. First inning, the other team came out rocking and put up 4 on us and they were playing some inspired ball the first couple of innings. We were down 4-1 going into the 3rd when we started to put together some hits. It was 4-3. bases loaded, and the coach's daughter coming up to bat when he pinch-hit for her with Caitlin! His daughter is a slapper/bunter and he wanted some power up there in that spot. And Caitlin delivered a 2-run single to right to give us the lead. We ended up putting up another 7 runs that inning and cruised to a 12-5 victory.

Pretty awesome that the coach trusted a 6th grader to pinch hit in that situation. Very proud of her. i probably would have shit the bed in that situation.

We play again at 4:30 and if we win, play for the championship at 9.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote