View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #17
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, we just got back from the end of the tournament about 30 minutes ago. I'm still a little bit in shock at what happened.

So we won that first game, which put us in the 4:30 winner's bracket game against our biggest rival and the 2nd best team in the conference. We've played them 4 times this year, each winning 2. We've lost 1 other game all season. We get up quick 5-2, they come back to lead 6-5, we tie it at 6, and it goes to extra innings. They score 2, but in the bottom of the 6th, we score 3 to win 9-8. That puts us in the championship game.

...and, of course, we have to play our rival again. They just came off beating a team and are rolling, and they absolutely tattoo our 2 best pitchers for 10 runs in 2 innings. Since it's double elimination, if we lose we play a rematch. It's 10-2 in the top of the 3rd and we know we're going to lose, so they bring in Caitlin to pitch the final 3 innings and save the arms. And she absolutely shuts them down - 3 innings, 2 hits, no walks, 3 strikeouts. She's so good, they decide to start her in the championship rematch.

Second game (which started at 11:15), we bat first and score 7 on them. Caitlin pitches great again, we add 4 in the 3rd and 1 in the 4th, and we win 12-1. Caitlin pitches 4 innings, gives up 5 hits, no walks and 4 strikeouts.

So we won the conference championship, and Caitlin was named to the All-Tournament team. I just flippin' can't believe it!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote