View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #29
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I forgot to update this after our last tournament, since we left for vacation right after it happened and rain wiped most of it out.

Two weekends ago, we played in a tournament but only got 2 games in. Won the first one, 3-1, with 3 runs in the bottom of the 5th, and then lost the second, 5-4, in extra innings. Caitlin pitched the second game - had a 2-0 lead after 3, then gave up single runs in the 4th and 5th to tie it. In the 6th, each team scored 1, and in the 7th, we scored 1 but they scored 2 in the bottom to win. Caitlin was really upset. I told her I could sense she had little confidence she was going to close out the game (she had 3 separate opportunities in the 5th, 6th, and 7th), and it ultimately showed in the outcome.

After that, we were supposed to play single-elimination on Sunday, but it got rained out.

Had to by her a new bat because her other one cracked hitting a line drive in the first game. That was the second bat (total: $375) that cracked in the past 2 weeks. She finally got to hit with the new one at practice last night and was hitting pretty well. I just hope it stays in 1 piece for a few months...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-30-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote