View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:20 PM   #111
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

A few pics from the last two days, along with comments...

I had some pretty serious leaf yellowing that looked like it might be early blight, so as per what I read, I did a ton of pruning of the lower sections of my tomato plants, and 100% pruning of yellowed leaves/stems. This is the lower 18ish inches of my cosmonaut volkov tomato.

Basil in the foreground, sweet chelsea tomatoes in the middle, starting to ripen. Crazy production. This is the area where I mentioned earlier about removing the spinach and seeing all the earthworms underneath.

Just noticed this morning that I have small green peppers.

I've seen at least half a dozen little watermelons forming. This is the largest at maybe 8 inches long x 3 inches across at its widest spot.

Side shoots are forming heads on the arcadia broccoli

Update on the crazy growth of the cucumbers, cantaloupes, and watermelon (and a more-than-7-foot tomato plant to the far left.) Using garden stakes to hold this was going to result in a crash, so I purchased some t-posts and installed them shortly after taking this pic. The whole thing seems much more sturdy now. I had no idea how much stronger they are, and they're roughly the same price as the Polyurethane garden posts I bought instead. You live, you learn.

Big-picture view of it all from my back deck. Veggies to the left, flowers in the middle, blueberries to the right.

The sunsugars also needed serious pruning due to a lot of yellowing leaves with brown spots that looked like early blight, but the plant certainly isn't lacking for fruit. Should be beginning to harvest from it by the weekend, it would appear.

The flower area is starting to show some color, and the sunflower border is coming in nicely, save for the one at the front left that took severe groundhog damage.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 06-12-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote