View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #300
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Washington has had a limited sample, but missions haven't worked out too well for the Huskies. Most of those players come back having lost good weight and aren't in football shape any more. We've got another one that's supposed to be returning this year (Jordan Lolohea), so hopefully it works out better for him.

The conspiracy theorists would say that BYU makes sure their mission kids go to places where it's easy for them to stay in shape and keep good weight on.

I wish that was the case. If you guys only knew half the stuff these kids go through when they are out and when they get back.

For some, it's the end of their career for others it is a season or two before they even see the field. Some of our top LDS recruits that go out and come back are no longer tops.

I had a buddy that went to Jamaica, was stabbed in the shoulder, never properly healed, got infected, ate at the tissue and the tendons - boom done.

Another buddy that served in Central America, picked up a tape worm, lost over a 100 pounds, could never put it back on. No longer the DL he was, ended up putting on some muscle but only got one year in.

Others come back way overweight or way underweight.

I will say this, the only thing most return missionaries get a leg up on is mental and emotional strength which is big.