View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 01:17 AM   #5
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

April 5, 2004
variety.com

Studio Brief

Global Eagle Continues To Make Waves

The new maverick studio continues to be impressive in acquiring rights as along with getting the rights to another DC Comics Graphic Novel in The Watchmen , Ewiak has also bought the rights to a pitch called City Hall , and the biggest news of the week, buying the Tony Winning and controversial play Eyes of Rage.

-------------------------------------------------------

I had to chuckle at the biggest news mention. If the press had a whiff of the negotiations going on already for the top roles in the movies already announed, my phone would be ringing off the hook. I'd already farmed out all the pitches I bought the rights to for their first draft. Except for City Hall. That was mine to write.

The first draft of School Blues was in, and it was good, but I sent it back for some small rewrites. However, parts of it had leak. But for once, it was a good thing.

I looked up at the door as right hand woman, Alexandria knocked on the door.

"Jesse, Mr. Speilberg is here."

I had to smile at that. Four years ago, I could barely afford to eat more than old ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese. Now, perhaps the biggest director in the history of Hollywood wanted to meet with me about taking on the helm of the first release from my studio. Sometimes, life doesn't suck.

"Send him in, Alex."
Jesse_Ewiak is offline   Reply With Quote