View Single Post
Old 05-21-2004, 01:57 AM   #10
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

August 10, 2004
variety.com

GLOBAL EAGLE/SPIELBERG PRODUCT GREENLIT

When the rumors surfaced that Steven Spielberg would direct a movie for the fledging Global Eagle Studios, it was expected he would either helm either a big budget picture like Rogue Mission or Superman or a personal project of his own. So, when the news came that Spielberg would be returning a bit to his roots with a modestly budgeted comedy by the name of School Blues , it was a huge shock to the Hollywood community. Spielberg will direct and executive produce the movie for a reported eleven million dollars and will be joined in the main role of two veteran teachers by Meg Ryan and Helen Hunt. Their salaries are not yet known, but it's rumored Ryan's is between six and eight million while Hunt is hovering around 2.5 million. Also in the movie will be Keira Knightley, who will play a former student returning as a former teacher while Mekhi Phifer and Sean William Scott will play two prankster students. Filming will begin in late December in Wilmington, North Carolina and at the Global Eagle Complex in Orange County, Florida.

August 23, 2004

Another month, another hundred or so million out of the bank. Yeah, I realize it will be all worth it in the end, but Jesus it's hard too write checks for milliions upon millions of dollars when you're not used to it. The good news is I do have two movies in pre-production and a coupel more that need some slight polishing. Rogue Mission just needs a bit more work so Hill will get another nice payday for a month of work. Superman also needs a polish while the first draft of Unbalanced Scales in and well, it defintlery needs a second draft. The even better news is that Keira Knightley and I hit it off as we were casting for School Blues.
Jesse_Ewiak is offline   Reply With Quote