View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 01:29 PM   #835
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

WTC Finals

Our uphill battle against France was ultimately a failure. Sushant Chiba gave Karl Kaspar a royal fight before succumbing on Monday, 6-4, 4-6, 2-6, 6-2, 6-4. That was our best chance. Then Ritwik Dudwadkar lost to Mateo Kaspar, 6-4, 6-4, 7-6(4). Doubles saw Mehul/Cansai take a set off Ardant/Gravier, but they still went down to defeat 6-3, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5.

There are two more to play but they will be irrelevant to the outcome; France is world champion this year. It's their third title in four years; we beat them in the final last season but aside from that nobody has been able to stop the Kaspar train.

Also, Anil Mehul's career officially came to an end, as that doubles match put him over the top for the required xp and he was converted to a trainer shortly after it finished. I expected a high 5.4 grade, but I was wrong; he comes in at 5.5. That's a nice surprise, and it's cool to finally see it officially. Among the special reports upcoming will be a little feature on how much of a difference he will make as a supertrainer once I have an opportunity to test it out.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote