View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #968
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to go with third as my prediction for Perez next year. Wouldn't shock me to see him be #2, probably depends on how the draws work out and how often he ends up on Hart's side. I figure you're due for some better luck on that front. And you're right about Chiba, who figures to be reduced to the role of gatekeeper, esp. after the AO.

4. Solberg - 5870
5. Perez - 5620
6. Solheim - 5480
7. Hughes - 5460

We've decided nothing here yet, but I think Perez's first big success next year gives him the #4 and the other three are milling about in 5-7. At that point it won't really matter who is there. Molyneaux reaching the WTF Final ensured he'll be a significant part of next season, and makes him harder for these guys to catch. Meanwhile Meikeljohn doing jack diddly squat means the pack caught up to him some, and he missed a chance to close that big gap on Hart.

Amrik Kasaravalli lost to a blast from the past, Uglesa Svajnovic, in the QFs of one of the year-end Challengers. Two tiebreak sets, close match. Then he finished it up with the title at CH+ Helsinki. Needed a final-set breaker against an unseeded opponent in the final, but got it done. All of that ends up with him being one good tournament away from graduating. 31-33 are all about 50 points ahead, with Amrik 34th.

Changed my mind and sent Chittoor/Guha out for another FT3, due to the fact that he could still gain almost 100 spots by winning. Nasir Chittoor took the dual titles, but is still having poorish practice results so I've got him out there again this week - without Guha - in a singles-only FT2. I'll keep playing him in only singles until his ranking catches up with his skills. It's a weird dance at this point of futures, as due to AI scheduling there are a lot of players down here who are rather wildly over-ranked and more who are underranked, so you can't really tell by that how good they are. Satyagit Guha's last two singles outings were underwhelming - lost in the first round of the futures, and QFs of an amateur. So he's creeping along but that's about it. And the amateur doubles points are starting to come off the rankings, complicating the duo's efforts to rise up to join the national team.

Coming Up ...

Won't be a whole lot else to say until the Anil Cup and the year-end rankings come around.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 04-16-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote