View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 05:40 AM   #1088
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Right but that doesn't really work in his situation. He's already getting seeded in the Grand Slams. He could add one more 500 event at some point instead of MC and get a few spots higher in the rankings but that's not going to move the needle. Still would need to upset higher players in 250s/500s/whatever he plays. It's a situation I've never encountered before where for over a year now he's been smashing any challenger while yawning the whole time, but he can't break through in the higher events.

Sorry maybe I’m misunderstanding but he didn’t end the year in the TOP 30? If so he has the option not to play the Masters events and instead go for other tournaments. I can’t recall the calendar offhand but it does potentially allow him to replace many of those events with potentially much more points in order to entrench himself properly in the TOP 30.

Ultimately he would need to beat better players of course but it’s just not playing tournaments where he isn’t going to be seeded and runs the risk of an early exit. Think he presents a different challenge for you compared to your previous players.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote