View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 10:25 AM   #1415
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update - Winter Training

Yesterday the team, minus the 2 swimmers that had tested positive for Covid, headed home on a bus. Unfortunately, before reaching Rome, the bus was forced to make an emergency stop because one of the swimmers (Paxton) spiked such a high fever he was struggling to stay conscious. The team got in at midnight and when they tested upon arrival 6 more swimmers tested positive. Bear didn't test positive, but the entire swim team is being sent home to quarantine. With my health situation, this means Bear will be regulated to the basement, which is unfinished - so not a luxury option obviously, especially with a cold week ahead.

This is so unfortunate, because Bear will be unable to swim, which will undo all the hard work and two-a-day swims he went through during winter training. It'll seriously compromise his fitness level and with only a short period of time to get ready for conference. I'm so tired of Covid. I was so excited to watch college swimming, and now both seasons Bear's been involved in have been adversely impacted.

Last edited by Breeze : 01-05-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote