View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 08:38 AM   #1424
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Berry/Millsaps vs Birmingham Southern @ Birmingham Crossplex - 1/22

Finally talked with Bear and found out that he didn't go to a doctor, just to physical therapy. Not sure how he got a prescription for PT without seeing and doctor, but as he said, "It's not my problem." The therapist gave him some more exercises to try and strengthen the little muscles in the shoulder. Not sure he'll be able to get that done before next month. He said the shoulder are a real problem right now, that he's struggling to get extension on his reach during practice and that everything about his stroke feels off. Not a great place to be so late in the season. Here is what he's swimming today.

1000 Freestyle - this one really irritated Cathy. She feels he should only do short stuff to minimize the work on the shoulder. I get where she's coming from but my guess is, Bear is still doing distance practices, so I'm not sure it really matters.

50 Freestyle - this is clearly a move to shorten his yardage some. Hope he does well here - it might set him up for relays at conference.

200 IM - Kind of late to start mixing in some off strokes - this race will be packed with talent - so I don't expect a high finish here.

400 Free Relay - not sure if he's on the A or B, but he's swimming on of the relays.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote