View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 11:29 AM   #1433
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

SAA Conference Championship Preview – Centre Colonels

2022 Projected Finish – 4th
2021 Finish – 3rd
2021 Score – 671

Centre appears from my count to have 15 swimmers and 2 divers, which puts them 1 slot short of a full team. The 2 divers, who aren’t great will both earn a disproportionate amount of points due to the fact, the conference doesn’t have that many divers, so simply showing up will earn you around 10 points minimum per event (assuming they do both the 1 meter and 3 meter). Of the 15 swimmers – Centre has 1 that is excellent, 3 that are just a hair below that, and then 5 more that are very good – that’s 9 swimmers in the very good and above range. They also have 2 others that are good and 1 that’s average and 1 slightly below average, with another couple that could sneak some backend points.

The interesting thing with Centre is the disparity I’m getting in their rating and projections. I have 1 view that indicates the Colonels won’t be far behind the top 3 teams, and another that suggests they may struggle to hold off Hendrix for this spot. My assumption is they will hold off Hendrix by a decent margin but will fall about that far behind the 3rd place team as well.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote