View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 01:07 AM   #1358
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Year 102 Rankings, My Stable

193. Sushant Srivastava (25, SRI, 93%, 7.15, +0.32)

Last year I estimated two years until Srivastava peaks, but it'll be longer than that; he didn't even slow down this season in development. In terms of getting his teeth into the Challenger ranks, he'll start by trying to qualify for the AO, then another CH3 in the second week of that Slam. He needs some decent results there, or it'll be a dip back down into futures.

I'm revising my estimate for his peak somewhat higher; I think Sushant could well be able to crack the Top 100 as a mid-level Challengers player.

487. Manoj Datar (34, SRI, 70%, 6.42, -0.05)

This is a nice suprise in the ranking, +120 from last year. Mostly I think that's due to balancing himself out more, improving the serve as part of working towards being a trainer. On that front, he's behind schedule. 4.25 now, +0.13 from a year ago. It looks like another three years or close to it before he is ready. Unfortunate, but there's nothing to be done about it other than get him there as soon as possible. I just over-estimated how quickly he would progress.

700. Aparna Chandrasekharan (21, SRI, 99%, 6.58, +0.63)

Chandrasekharan's progress this year is key to our chances of returning to the WTC. I expect him to be near the top of the futures heap, say 300th roughly, and on his way out of that tier by the time the calendar swings around again. That would also of course make him the clear #2 singles for Sri Lanka in case a return invite is extended.

71 (J). Girish Raychaudhari (16, SRI, 79%, 4.60, +1.15)

JG3 events will be the meat-and-pototoes for Girish this year, practicing in both singles and doubles will become the norm, and he figures to capable of handling Amateur-level competition by the end of it. Two more years left until he can go professional.

Manager Ranking

Similar progression, +13 spots to 69th, and about 1.3k points to 2.97k.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote