View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #29
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For all of the people thinking this guy was so great, do you still feel the same way now that many of the passengers have been speaking out about how rude and antagonistic he was the entire flight (even far before this incident with the woman)?

Seems to be pointing to the direction of him just wanting to go out with a "bang" or possibly getting his 5 minutes in the spotlight.

I don't think in all seriousness that anyone looks at this guy as a shining example of how to behave, regardless of what exactly happened... And no one will know for sure everything that went into the event except the steward himself.

I think people just can appreciate how difficult it can be to deal with selfish people on the job when you are going through a rough patch in your life. Most of us have moments when we want to tell someone to take this job and shove it, it's not worth it. (I actually did that once, it was quite nice. I did it with a two week notice and without the free beer though.)

So people just appreciate the idea of not taking shit on the job when you are being pushed hard by life. Because all of us have been in a position where we have had to just grin and bare it.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote