View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #383
Radii
Head Coach

Transfer

After offering Harry Arter around, we got a couple offers, he ends up signing with Cheltenham in the BS Premier league, and we get a transfer fee of $5000. I am pretty sure this is the first time we've ever made money on a transfer! I've jettisoned some salary by giving players away for free in the past, but never a transfer fee. Arter tells the media he's sad to no longer be playing for me. I'm a bit surprised at that since he's only made 15 appearances for me in the last 3 years. He was a regular starter for me in the BS premierleague, playing 30+ games a season for us in each of our seasons there.

January 12th, 2016

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

Woking(1st League 2) @ Bournemouth(23rd Championship)

They are 1:6 favorites today, we're 10:1 to win. Oof.

GK: Lynch
D: Williams/V Taylor/Smith/Alcock
MC: O'Sullivan/Upson
AM: Kelly/N'Diaye
FC: D Taylor/Constantino

I'd love to go all out to try to win here but I choose to rest a couple key guys instead that have played 4-5 matches in a row on 3-4 days rest. Nikolaou, Middleton and Harsanyi are sitting today. We'll defend.

14': Almost a miracle start for us... we clear out with a long ball down the left side, they get a man to it but Dan Taylor is tracking the ball and he makes a steal! He rushes into the penalty area and lines up a shot, its a clear cut chance for us... but the keeper saves it.

20': Another attack, Constantino receives a pass about 20 yards out and is able to control the ball with a man draped all over him, he gets into the area and shoots but its saved.

30': Bournemouth earn a corner and get their first shot of the game but its a poor header over the bar.

42': They have a two on two with Smith and Vince Taylor left to defend their strikers... Smith makes a great tackle to win possession.

48': The last play of the half is a corner for Bournemouth, we clear out the corner but they push it back foward, there's a quick shot from 20 yards out but Lynch holds it cleanly.

HALF: Are they toying with us, resting their guys way more than we are? Do they not care about this competition since they're fighting for their lives in relegation? I dunno but we are still in this thing! We have a 57/43 possession edge and ahve 3 shots to their 2. Not a whole lot going on here, lets see if we can maybe get lucky in the second half and get a couple more good looks.

50': They get two early shots but one is off target and the other is blocked and we withstand the first bit of pressure to come out way.

61': Ferry in for O'Sullivan, Colin in for Kelly, both are quite tired.

65': We work the ball upfield, earning a throwin about 35 yards out. Colin takes it to Williams, who passes to Ferry in the penalty area, Ferry is tackled, he goes down, PENALTY!!! Ed Upson steps up to take the penalty kick and he buries it!!! 1-0

70': Upson is hurt, he stays in but his fitness is pretty low.

79': I get upson out of there, Aswad Thomas is in at DC, Vince Taylor up to MC.

85': they try to attack and make a ridiculously lazy pass, we intercept near midfield, the ball goes foward to Constantino, he makes a man miss a tackle, he keeps going.. he plays a ball to Colin who is going to have a point blank shot at the keeper.. but a defender comes in and brings him down before he can shoot... its another penalty!!!! Constantino takes the penalty and he buries it. We're gonna win this aren't we!? 2-0

92': They've given up and we're just enjoying the hell out of life right now. N'diaye with a little run down the right, he plays a ball foward to Constantino and the defender on him was just way out of positoin, the rest of their defensive line was back, but this one man was not even close so he's onsides, Constantino runs into the area and puts a shot low to the near post,the keeper dives but the ball beats him and its another goal!!! 3-0

Bournemouth 0 : 3 Woking

Unbelievable. I don't know how many starters they rested today but it wasn't all of them, the danger man my scouts identified was still the same, the strikers were both stil the same from the first meeting, those names I recognized. We obvoiusly got some luck on the penalties, but the defense was just awesome pitching a shutout. They only shot 8 times and only 1 was on target.

Man of the Match: Constantino (8.6)
Goals: Constantino 2, Upson (7.3)
Assists: N'Diaye (7.9), Ferry (7.1), Colin (7.1)
Notables: Alcock (8.0), Williams (7.5), Smith (7.3), Vince Taylor (7.3)

-- We are awarded $110,000 for getting past this round of the FA Cup!

-- We'll play Arsenal on January 23rd. Its still scheduled for our place, I don't see an option to request a change so we'll just have to see what happens. It sounds like we could be missing out on a ton if this holds true. Still, we've done so well, I cannot complain!

Team Records

-- Constantino's two goals gave him 31 total for me (combined league and cup play), that breaks a Woking record set by Zoltan Harsanyi, who scored 30 the year we promoted up out of the BS Premier league.

-- The man of the match award made it 10 total for Constantino, breaking the team record held by Ed Upson.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote