View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #388
Radii
Head Coach

February Update

-- 5 matches this month, just two at home, 6th, 13th, 20th, 24th, 27th, not bad at all after the last two months we've had.

-- Vince Taylor was 3rd in the player of the month voting for January, nice!

-- The now departed Zak Middleton was 2nd in the young player of the month voting for January for league 2. Vince Taylor was 3rd.

-- The board is delighted with my leadership, our league 2 performance is a highlight, Mike Williams struggling to replace Nikolaou while he was injured was a problem. We made a huge (for us) profit of $298k last month.

Player Value

When the season started I remember reporting that Dany N'Guessan was one of the most valuable players on the team at something like $40k. Well, this run of ours this year has brought some major attention to a couple of our players. Ed Upson is now worth $75k, Stelios Nikolaou dwarfs that with a $180k value, but the real shocker is Vince Taylor. Taylor has become somewhat of a star in the defense for us, and his value has skyrockted up to $300k!

[b}Transfer List[/b]

We signed ST Matthew Paterson before finishign the loans for Constantino and Dan Taylor, and Paterson has really just been completely left out to no fault of his own. He has only played 9 matches this year, starting only 4 times, he has two goals but just a 6.69 rating. He's requested a transfer, and I go ahead and grant his request and put him on the transfer list. We got him for free and maybe we can get a bit of cash for him, I am confident we will be able to bring on another guy in his place next year if we don't get the star studded loanees.

February 6th, 2016

Woking (20-5-5, 1st) @ Kidderminster(5-6-19, 22nd)

I guess we're expected to fall apart after 2 losses in a row, as bottom feeder Kidderminster are 5:4 favorites today, we're on the road sure, motivation! We're 5-2-3 lifetime against these guys including a crushing 5:0 win back in September. We haven't lost to them in our last 4 meetings (2-2-0).

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

We have 4 guys hurt, including Vince Taylor, we start the best lineup we're capable of today. We will of course attack.

2': They get the first look today, a run down the left, cross, header... just over. Lynch would have had it anyway I do believe.

8': Defender Collins with a yellow for slowing down a run by Colin. Confusing set of names there.

9': They clear out our free kick and begin to push. It doesn't seem lke they have numbers or an advantage or anything, but their man coming down the left cuts inside, O'Sullivan misses a tackle, he goes by a defender and fires a shot from 20 yards out... Lynch gets his fingers to it but it goes by him and is in... 0-1

12': Bend it like Upson!!!! WHOA!! Corner for us, Constantino receives it but not in a position to shoot, he runs out left, passes back to Upson who is 20 yards out and a few yards wide of the left post (hope that makes sense)... he fires a shot through the area that curls significantly left and barely curved into the good side of the right post... an amazing shot I didn't know he was capable of!! 1-1

24': They have a goal kick, its taken very very long and somehow oen of their fowards wins the challenge against Mike Wliliams for the ball, a better first touch and its an easy goal, instead Lynch is able to leave his line and cut off the angle, stopping the shot fairly easily. Very poor play by Williams.

31': Colin draws two defenders and beats them both on a run down the left side... he passes to Harsanyi who is 15 yards out, maybe he was excited about how much space he had... he fires a wild shot that goes way way wide.

34': Colin with an amazing run down the left, he deftly dodges two men trying to tackle him one after the other, makes it all the way down the sideline, passes to HArsanyi... and Harsanyi is tackled in the area! That's a penalty!! Upson takes it and buries it for his second goal of the day. 2-1

37': Harsanyi has the ball in midfield, the defense is there but they are spread out a bit, Harsanyi plays a perfect through ball between two defenders, Constantino reacts perfectly and sprints behind the defense to get to it, he continues his run into the area and easily beats the keeper! 3-1

HALF: We make a great recovery after falling behind 1:0 and take a 2 goal lead into the locker room. Each team has 7 shots, we only have 3 on target but all 3 are goals. They ahve 4 on target, Lynch has made a couple nice saves and recoveries to keep their score at one. Other stats are all close to even. We're actually losing out in the air today but not by a lot.

50': Nikolaou is hurt and has to come out of the game immediately. Dammit we just got him back healthy! Thomas is in.

52': We clear out a throwin, as they try to possess the ball to feed it back in, O'sullivan makes a great tackle and picks up the loose ball, this triggers a break for us, their defense isn't in any way in position for anything, so O'Sullivan plays a simple ball foward, constantino runs onto it and runs well away from the rest of their team, gets into the area and finishes well, goal! 4-1

63': Constantino picks up a bit of a knock going for a header, he's fine but i'm taking zero chances especially with a big lead, Dan Taylor comes in at the next opportunity.

That's the final score, we put this away nicely.

Kidderminster 1 : 4 Woking

Man of the Match: Ed Upson (9.1)
Goals: Upson 2, Constantino 2 (8.8)
Assists: Harsanyi 2 (8.1), Constantino, O'Sullivan (8.4)
Notables: N'Guessan (7.0)

Injury Update

dammit dammit dammit!!! Stelios Nikolaou pulled a hamstring and he is out 3-4 weeks. The good news is that February is fairly light and he may miss as few as 3 matches. Maybe 4 or 5 depending.

Last edited by Radii : 07-07-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote