View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

For #1, it depends on what you are looking to play. If a tournament, where you get eliminated when you lose your chips, then there's usually a buy in that gets you call it 1,000 or 5,000 or whatever in chips. Then you have a blind schedule that goes up accordingly. So you might have 5,000 chips to start and the blinds start at 25-50 and go up every 15 minutes.

If you are playing a cash game where you just cash out for whatever you have left or whatever you win, then you might have a buy in in increments of 5 or 10 or 20 bucks and have denominations of chips being 25 or 50 cents, 1 dollar and 5 dollars. It just depends on your game and how you want to play.

2-4 are all pretty dependent on who you're playing with and the type of game, size of raise, who it is coming from etc.

For 2, that seems high, particularly since in that game your blinds are 33-50% of your hands.

For 3, it really depends, but I'd see the flop on pairs much lower than TT and TT might be my limit for reraising. Depending on the raiser calling with QJ or AJ is reasonable and there are some other suited connectors I may do that with as well.

Half pot is a pretty standard post flop bet because it's not generally a large enough bet to scare people off or make them suspicious but it does usually give a heads up opponent "bad" odds to make a call on a draw. Full pot bets can mean different things--a steal attempt or a really strong hand. I usually read a large sized bet as weakness, but again it depends on the situation.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote