View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #202
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now, I'm playing the Manchester united - Middlesbrough game.

I'm using the same lineup except I'm starting Rooney and Adriano at striker since they weren't as tired this time...

17 minute mark: Barbosa passes to Rooney.. he centers it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. good save by the keeper.

25 minute mark: Michael Mancienne kicks Adriano (the striker!) Mancienne is given a red card and is ejected!!!

35 minute mark: Barbosa passes to Rooney left of the box.. he dribbles between two defenders.. shoots the sharply angled shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

41 minute mark: Barbosa passes it to Rooney in the left corner of the pitch.. Rooney gets to it.. draws wo defenders over.. quick pass to Adriano just outside the 6 yard box.. Adriano shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 73,000 fans here today.

46 minue mark: Barbosa takes a corner kick.. to the middle of the box.. Godoy heads it.. he is pushed down by a centreback.. Penalty awarded.. Ortega takes the penalty shot.. the keeper dives to his left.. blocks it.. Ortega gets the rebound... shoots it over the keeper who is still on the ground! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

70 minute mark: McFadden on for Rooney, King on for Adriano, and Cook on for Godoy.

72 minute mark: Schmidt throws it to King in the left side of the box.. he knocks it down.. turns.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!! 4-0.

90 minute mark: Ortega dribbles past two defenders.. crosses it to the near post.. Parker with a diving header.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Game over. 5-0 win for us (I'm glad to be done the "replay" games and get back to where my computer froze. I hate having to re-write history.

We outshot them 20-0 (12-0 on target)

Barbosa wins MoM, 10 for form, 15 of 23 passes, 3 key passes, 0 tackles, 4 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 12 runs, 5 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Miller, Ortega, and Parker all had 9's for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote