View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #35
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
If it is an issue with attendance, I am sure they can find a sign in sheet or something to confirm that he has going to the office and staying for the entire session. If they are looking for details of what is going on inside the session or expecting the mental health professionals to provide a diagnosis, that is something else.

That is all any boarded/licensed mental health provider would be able to give the team anyway, even if they are fully employed by the team (which I would guess the team has approved community providers). Most large organizations have Employee Assistance Programs or consultants to provide mental health care because it would be a huge conflict of interest for the therapist if they worked with Ben Simmons and the owner or coach or GM. I would guess they want to make sure that the treatment and provider are legitimately trained, licensed, and practicing evidence based treatments rather than Simmons relying on a friend telling him to smoke weed or that doing yoga or jogging or praying more is what he needs. Those things can work and have worked for people, but are not considered evidence based treatments.

Last edited by Swaggs : 11-06-2021 at 08:40 AM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote