View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 06:56 AM   #45
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
from the local beat, via NBCsports

So, yeah, it'd be $91m to buy him out.

And yeah, players can and do pay some of the money back if they would rather play than sit (Kemba Walker reportedly $20m, Blake Griffin reportedly over $13m, are a couple recent examples ).

I did not even realize that the second year was a player's option. That is an option in a similar way that it is an option for me to turn in a $47.4 million lottery ticket.

I just don't understand the point that the Rockets are trying to make. Not with that guy. When they made the trade for Wall, they were trading a bad contract for a bad contract with the incentive of also getting a 1st round pick. I always thought someone would trade for Russell Westbrook and nobody would trade for Wall given what I think of both players. That is how it has played out. The Wizards got rid of Westbrook eventually while the Rockets have Wall and that 1st rounder. .

I know everything is negotiable in situations like this and Wall may give back some money at some point. Maybe the Rockets just think more highly of Wall than I do. I would be advising him hang on as much of his money as possible because this is the last big deal. If they wanted to try to convince someone to take a buyout, they should have hung on to Westbrook and tried to convince him.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote