View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #537
QuikSand
lolzcat

2108 Offseason, and the Five-Year-Plan

Okay, here's where we are as a franchise. I am generally okay with going through a phase like this, but now we have a plan. We are hopeful that the team will improve in 2108 over last year's 8-8, but that's not the real objective. The real objective is to regain league dominance over the next five years.

For me, as a way to order my thinking, here's what that means: on just about every decision of consequence, I want to be thinking about this team for the 2122 season an onward. The team might be good enough to contend before then, and that would be fine, but the real goal is to have things come together right around then and we max out for several years. The way this happened in another league where I run the Ravens (CCFL) was by way of strong chemistry and cohesion, coupled with solid roster-building and gameplanning. I'm targeting the same thing here... but the element I need to focus on is cohesion.

In this year's draft, we hold two picks in each of the first three rounds, via our trade-away of WR Bailey. That left a major roster hole at WR1, of course, and our team suffered for it. But it gives me a serious chance to load up with young players who could all be peaking after their first few years on the team, and if I play my cards right, could all be contributors with on-team experience by 4-5 seasons from now. Surround them with a strong chemistry structure (Billie Eilish says "duh") and enough talent to run the schemes I want, and we should be better than good. That's the goal.

So, I will do a roster evaluation now, through the filter of the soviet style five year plan.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote