Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
VERY cool idea.

Thanks.

Okay, time to continue with this.

Week 2 Promoted Div. 1-AA Team Scores:
Idaho State 40 Murray State 57
Florida Atlantic 21 Kansas 44
James Madison 17 Missouri 34
Northern Arizona 7 Washington State 56 (Regional TV)
Furman 3 #13 Alabama 56 (Regional TV)
Appalachian State 14 #5 Texas 63 (Regional TV)
1AA West* 3 Sacramento State 20
Nicholls State* 6 Southern 13
Eastern Washington* 24 Western Illinois 27
*=Actual Div 1-AA team

So the wins that our promotees got weren't impressive in the least, as they were against 1-AA teams. But still a win is a win and that gives Sacramento State a leg up on the recruiting wars we're in with them (See below)

Recruits Update - Week 2

1. 4* CB Terrell Daniel Lyman, WY (Red Zone Top 50)
-Isn't interested in playing right away (#8 school)
2. 4* LOLB Andrew Seals Santa, Ana CA (Pipeline) (Red Zone Top 50)
-Indifferent to our style of play (#7 school)
3. 4* LE Matt Washington Indio, CA (Pipeline)
-My prestige as a coach doesn't interest him (#2 school with Cal having sizeable advantage)
4. 4* ROLB Preston White Meridian, ID (Pipeline)
-Isn't really familiar with my reputation as coach (#1 school!)
5. 4* FS Chris Baker Flowing Wells, AZ (Pipeline)
-Not really concerned about our style of play (#8 school)
6. 4* DT Reggie Foster La Habra, CA (Pipeline)
-Doesn't care about our location (#1 school and by a nice margin!)
7. 4* CB Eric Malone Preston, ID (Pipeline)
-Led his HS on a 3 game win streak (#1 school!)
8. 4* FS Andrew Robertson Marshfield, WI
-Doesn't have to play for a big name coach (#4 school but Ohio State is clearly tops on his list atm)
9. 3* QB Casey Spinner Los Angeles, CA (Pipeline)
-Prestige isn't primary concern (#4 school)
10. 3* DT Ben Walker Sheboygan, WI
-Getting quite a bit of attention from media (#5 school with Notre Dame the obvious favourite)
11. 3* CB Andrew Gallagher Sierra Vista, AZ (Pipeline)
-Not concerned about academics (#5 school)
12. 3* WR Troy Britt Casa Grande, AZ (Pipeline)
-Wants to go to a more prestious school (#4 school with USC clear frontrunner)

Dropped from Recruit List:
WR Troy Britt
CB Terrell Daniel
LOLB Andrew Seals

Britt is obvious as to why, Daniel and Seals sounded a little negative, so I cut them from the list. This leaves me 9 guys to concentrate on. So I'll spread out the points among them.

Oh and out of the remaining guys I figured I'd update you on who else from Div 1-AA is chasing them:

FS Chris Baker: Northern Arizona (#4 school) vs Us (#8 school)
LE Matt Washington: Sacramento State (#3 school) vs Us (#2 school)
DT Reggie Foster: Sacramento State (#6 school) vs Us (Clear-cut favourite)
QB Casey Spinner: Sacramento State (#7 school) vs Us (#4 school)
CB Andrew Gallagher: Northern Arizona (#8 school vs Us (#5 school)

So it looks like we're going head to head against a couple schools for a bunch of guys. But I think I'll cut Chris Baker from the list, too. We're the #8 school and Northern Arizona is bound to put a lot of effort into going after him.

Div 1-AA Players of the Week:
Idaho State SO HB #31 - Sun Belt OPOTW
Western Illinois SR DT #45 - WAC DPOTW

Now it's on to Week 3 and Game 2, this one against 1-A indies Temple, also 0-1. The Owls hopefully suck enough that we can have an outside shot at beating them.

Hooray!!! On the very first play of the game, Temple throws the ball and my CB steps in front of it, intercepts it, and runs it back for the TD!!! It was even declared a User Pick, my first ever in NCAA Football video game playing history! I'm so happy! 7-0 Bengals as I make the XP, I notice that the moon is full tonight in Philadelphia. Very nice detail.

The Owls get absolutely stifled on their next drive, and a User tackle for loss, an incompletion, and a sack later, they're punting on 4th and 18.

Guess what I forgot to do? If you said change the depth chart so that the senior QB is starting, you're right. End result: They answer the INT return for a TD with one of their own. Damn it. 7-7 tie. So much for our upset hopes.

On our next drive, we get to about the 40, but a huge tackle for loss, a dropped pass, and some b.s. defensive pass interference that didn't get called means we have to punt.

We manage to force a three and out though, but sadly, in our turn, our RT gets injured (What is it with all these injuries?!) and the senior QB throws his first INT of the year. And that's how the quarter ends.

End of 1st Quarter: Idaho State 7 Temple 7

Bad news hits us hard when the Owls play their next drive. Not only is my RT out for the ENTIRE SEASON, but their HB gets a 57 yard TD run. This is not good, not good at all. What the hell is up with all these injuries? I never had this many before.

This is quickly going downhill. We get absolutely wrecked on offense. Our running game is being stifled (Halfback is only averaging 1.7 yards a carry) and our passing game is for shit too. We'll be lucky to get out of this half with even a fighting chance at winning.

And there goes that chance. 44 yard Temple TD throw and it's 21-7. On that play, all of my guys got pancaked. It was unreal to watch.

So I go for it on 4th and 3 figuring what the hell, right? I decide to try a pass play after a timeout since they were stacked against the run. Guess what happens? The Temple D automatically figures out that I'm doing a pass play and goes into a dime formation. What the fuck is this shit? Does the AI cheat in this fucking game?! And yeah, my DB blows pass coverage a few plays later. 28-7 Owls. Unfucking real.

What bullshit. We finally get my HB untracked a bit and then the officials look away when there's obvious defensive pass interference and furthermore, nail my offensive lineman for holding. Yeah okay whatever. 4th and 10? Fuck it I'm going for it. We make the conversion and then call the no-huddle of the same pass play. 30 yard TD reception and we cut the deficit to 28-14.

Naturally they call defensive pass intereference on the next series against me even though all my guy did was tip the ball so it's 3rd and 1 rather 3rd and 10 like it should be. A 44 yard TD run on a halfback sweep later and it's 35-14. They scored in 20 seconds. I'm tempted to just sim out the rest of the game, I really am.

9 seconds. That's all I need to throw an 80 yard Hail Mary and nick it down to 35-21. Eat that, bastards.

.... Heh. 28 yard TD pass after they throw a hail mary and we've got them on 3rd and 10. My RE even hits the damn QB as he throws it. 42-21. Why am I playing this game again?

Halftime: Idaho State 21 Temple 42

Yeah, we're getting our asses kicked that bad.

So we threaten on the opening drive, right? Sack and fumble after they figure out I'm passing on 3rd and 2 even though I'm in a fucking run formation.

You know what? Fuck it? I quit.

....I can't. It says all in-game progress will be lost. DAmn it. DAmn it a ll to fucking hell. 61 yard TD pass. 49-21. and the third quarter's not even half over.

These are the only stats you need to know for how the rest of the game went.

Final Score:
Temple 73
Idaho State 21

Idaho State INTs thrown: 6

And my star HB was stopped just short of the goal line on the last play of the game, or we could have scored a TD and broken the second half shutout.

This is getting really depressing to play. I'm almost considering dropping to Junior Varsity level.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote