View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 06:30 PM   #2604
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If it's such a great opportunity that millions of people would love, then just offer the scholarship. Avoid all the NIL garbage. Sure you lose some of those pampered players you talk about, but there are millions willing to replace them.

The NIL stuff is an abomination afaic, and should never have existed under any circumstance. That's basically what I'm saying. If someone wants to launch a semi-pro league, a minor league (for football), etc, fine by me.

I won't miss those players any more than I miss those who've taken the G-League (whatever that developmental arm is called). And let's note here, you haven't seen me criticize the existence of that NBA project at all afaik.
I have literally zero interest in it but I'm not bothered by its existence either.

Quote:
It's a professional league no matter how people try to convince themselves otherwise.

We have different definitions obviously. Being a business and having professional players purchased for the highest price are two different things afaic.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-23-2022 at 06:31 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote