View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 03:29 AM   #9254
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

G1 Night 4, Jay White vs Ishii might be some of the best work White has done ... and I don't mean in the ring.

He's almost at an MJF level verbally during the match and what he's better at than MJF is connecting what he says/does with physical stuff. The first half of this match is really indicative of how good he is able to be.

Also good on night 4? The rare appearance of sadistic violent Toru Yano. The Clown Prince and Master Thief of NJPW brought back a lot of his previous persona, something that a lot of current fans have really rarely or never seen. If you've never seen that side of Yano, this is a relatively short but interesting watch.

edit to add: I posted about this match before it even finished. That will be one of the 4-5 best matches of the tournament almost certainly and what really strikes me at the end of it is that everybody involved -- Gedo and Red Shoes included -- played their parts really well. Everybody brought their A game for this.

And the post-match promo is GOLD, something that almost certainly ONLY happens because he's an evil gaijin. A Japanese heel couldn't have done that.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-24-2022 at 03:46 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote