View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
Thanks for the interest!

The hard stuff in the draft area is done & working. I learned a few things while I was in there:

- There are no fields in the CSV for the following skills, even though the game shows blue bars for them on the player's info screen.

Sense Rush
Read Defense
Two-Minute Offense
Kick Holding
Speed to Outside
Blitz Pickup
Blocking Strength
Adjust to Ball
Bump-and-Run
Pass Rush Strength
Punishing Hitter
Play Diagnosis

I think it calculates some or all of them based on the other attributes we can control. Several blue bars dipped dramatically when I changed a rare superstar QB's intelligence from max to min and nothing else. Also got an obvious "matched pair" with what I believe were Medium and Long Passes when I did that.

- But there is an "Avoid Fumbles" skill which doesn't appear anywhere in the game that I'm aware of. And it's not available in the roster CSV, only in a draft class. I haven't experimented with it yet so I don't know what effect it has if any.

- Defensive linemen were given Man-to-Man, Zone, Bump-and-Run, and Special Teams skills in FOF 8. They say it's a passing league now, so I guess these guys needed to evolve.

- There is no single Overall rating for draft class players, only individual skill levels. I guess the game decides his Overall based on his skills when he's drafted.

- The DraftFile.exe converter tool that was released with FOF 8 is the exact same as the FOF 7's tool. This means it doesn't support the new "Colo. St. - Pueblo" college (ID 732) that was added in FOF 8; it throws an error saying the range must be 1 - 731. So this utility removes the last college in the list if it's in FOF 8 mode, with an option to disable that behavior should Solecismic release an updated version at some point.

Anyway, like I said all the hard stuff is done. I have some more testing, double-checking, and polish to do, and I want to put together some sort of help file, but it looks like it should be ready for "the wild" in another week or so.

This is incredible Stuff. Can't wait to start using it to develop my own Draft classes

Where can we download this tool and learn how to use it?
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote