View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #227
QuikSand
lolzcat

So... regular season goes off:

GOOD NEWS: we improved to 11-5, and a stronger +144 in points
BAD NEWS: resurgent Browns go to 13-3 and we're only the #5 seed

Lots to like on the offensive side. WR Duran was back over 2K yards, 21 TD on 9.43 ypt, and his wingman Artie Dodge put up a respectable 1,100 and 9 TD on over 10 ypt. That coupled with a more efficient season from QB Mathews, with a 38/13 ratio to go with his usual ~5,000 yards. Solid year.

Rushing? We just suck. And I just cannot care, I guess. Carpenter and Henson each go for just a shade over 4 ypc, meh. I guess it's the line, or the scheme, but damn - that's a lot o money spent for replacement-level results, at best.

Defense? Okay, I guess. DE Hancock is the main man again, with 17 sacks. LB Osborne chips in from the edge for another 6, Broomfield gets 7, and as a team we are 11th in PR%, but lower than what I want. We give up only 6.8 yards per pass attempt, that's pretty solid (3rd best) at a key stat I watch for.

So... I find it hard to believe we can catch fire again like last year. The delta between seed #2 and #5 is enormous in football. We'll give it a go, of course... I don't have any new wrinkles to throw into the mix or anything. But we most likely just settle back in as another decent but not dominant team, hoping to rotate into a top slot every couple years until Mathews/Duran fade away, which won't be all that far off.

Glad we got our ring.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote